Oatmeal Banana Coconut Cookies
- Yield 15-20 pieces
The flavors blend together beautifully in this recipe from blogger Anne Mauney, RD.
These are absolutely amazing — healthy AND delicious! There’s just something about banana, oats, and coconut that goes together perfectly!
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon finely ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Wet ingredients
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins (or dried cranberries, or chocolate chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients, and then slowly add wet to dry, stirring gently until mostly uniform (there will probably still be some banana chunks, it’s fine!).
- Spoon batter onto a cooking-sprayed or nonstick cookie sheet (or two, depending how large or small you want the cookies).
- Bake about 14 minutes until lightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of Anne Mauney, MPH, RD, a Washington D.C. area Registered Dietitian, freelance writer, and health and fitness blogger over at fANNEtastic food. Anne started fANNEtastic food 3 years ago as a way to motivate others to lead happier, healthier lives through nutrition and fitness. Check out her blog for simple healthy recipes, quick meal ideas, running training plans, health tips, and daily adventures.