Oatmeal Banana Coconut Cookies
- Yield: 15-20 pieces
These are absolutely amazing — healthy AND delicious! There’s just something about banana, oats, and coconut that goes together perfectly!
- 1cup oats
- 2/3cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1tablespoon finely ground flaxseed
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Wet ingredients
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3cup raisins (or dried cranberries, or chocolate chips)
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients, and then slowly add wet to dry, stirring gently until mostly uniform (there will probably still be some banana chunks, it’s fine!).
- Spoon batter onto a cooking-sprayed or nonstick cookie sheet (or two, depending how large or small you want the cookies).
- Bake about 14 minutes until lightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of Anne Mauney, MPH, RD, a Washington D.C. area Registered Dietitian, freelance writer, and health and fitness blogger over at fANNEtastic food. Anne started fANNEtastic food 3 years ago as a way to motivate others to lead happier, healthier lives through nutrition and fitness. Check out her blog for simple healthy recipes, quick meal ideas, running training plans, health tips, and daily adventures.