Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
Lovely, protein-rich pancakes stuffed with ripe bananas and drizzled with a warm blueberry syrup.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (vegan, gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Whisk together mashed bananas, coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, eggs, and almond milk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine oat flour, protein powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing until combined. Do not over mix.
- While the mixture sits for a few minutes, heat a cast iron skillet to medium low. Lightly oil the surface with coconut oil.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, ladle one to two pancakes at a time. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes; until the edges are cooked through and the pancakes are golden brown.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven until you are ready to serve. Serve with maple syrup, blueberries, sliced bananas, and chopped walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of The Grubarazzi.