Oven Fried Pickles with Skinny Herb Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 16-ounce (48 slices) sliced oval dill hamburger pickles
- 1/2cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4cup cornmeal
- 1/4cup flour
- 1/4teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4cup dried parsley
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- 1large egg
- 1large egg white
- Olive oil spray (about 1 tsp)
- For Ranch Dip:
- 1/4cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1tablespoon light mayo
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3cup 1% low-fat buttermilk
- Make ranch dip by combining all the dip ingredients and refrigerate until pickles are done.
- Place pickles to drain on paper towels.
- Mix crumbs and flour together along with paprika, parsley, and half the chipotle powder and salt.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl and season with remaining chipotle powder.
- Dip pickles in egg mixture and then into the crumb mix, pressing down on the crumbs.
- Heat oven to 450°F along with 2 baking sheets. When the oven reaches 450°, remove baking sheets and spray with olive oil spray; place pickles on the baking sheets and spray the tops of the pickles with the more oil. Bake 8-10 minutes, turn and spray if needed and cook an additional five minutes. Remove pickles from cooking sheet and serve hot with dip.
Recipe courtesy of Skinny Taste.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 58.6
- Fat 1.4 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g