Paleo Spaghetti Squash Fritters
- Yield: 1 dozens
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
Heads up! This recipe calls for already cooked spaghetti squash, so cut back on prep work by roasting it ahead of time.
- 3cups cooked spaghetti squash, strands separated (from 1 large squash)
- 1/3cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3large eggs
- 1 to 2tablespoon coconut oil or cooking fat of your choice
- Place the squash in a large bowl. If it’s too moist, wrap it in some paper towels and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Add the arrowroot starch/flour, salt, green onion, and bacon and stir to combine well.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, then add them to the squash mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan, and when it’s hot, spoon the squash mixture to form fritters of your desired size; ¼ cup per fritter works well.
- When the fritters are crispy and browned on one side, about 5 minutes, use a spatula to flip them and continue cooking on the other side until crisped, about 5 minutes longer. Serve hot.
VARIATIONS: Make it a meal! Mix some already cooked chicken into the fritters and you essentially have a one-dish supper. We also love to add about 1 tablespoon hot sauce to the mixture for Buffalo-style fritters.
Reprinted with permission from Weeknight Paleo © 2017 by Julie and Charles Mayfield, WilliamMorrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.