Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Peach Arugula Salad and Couscous
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Did you know that the average worker bee produces only 1/12 teaspoon of honey in a lifetime? This means we have a whole lot of bees to thank for the sweet and herby pan sauce that’s generously drizzled on top of tender pork. Oh—and there’s also a touch of the sweet stuff in the salad dressing, so expect to be licking your lips after every bite.
- 12ounces pork chops
- 1/2cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 peach
- 2ounces arugula
- 1/4ounce thyme
- 1 vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 shallot
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon honey
- 5teaspoons olive oil
- Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Halve and peel the shallot. Thinly slice one half and mince the other. Strip the thyme off the sprigs before roughly chopping the leaves. Halve, pit, and slice the peach into wedges.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a large bowl, whisk together ½ teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and a large drizzle of olive oil (to taste). Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the couscous: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add the minced shallot. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add 1 cup water and a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the couscous, cover, and remove from heat until the rest of the meal is ready.
- Cook the pork: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops on all sides with salt and pepper before adding them to the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove from pan and set aside to rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Make the pan sauce: Add the sliced shallot and thyme to the same pan over medium heat. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes, until softened, adding a drizzle of olive oil if necessary. Add the stock concentrate, ½ teaspoon honey, and ½ cup water to the pan. Scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Toss salad and serve: Toss the arugula and peach wedges into the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Fluff the couscous with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Serve the pan-seared pork chops on a bed of couscous with the peach arugula salad on the side. Drizzle with the shallot thyme pan sauce and enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh as Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Shallot Thyme Pan Sauce, Peach Arugula Salad, and Couscous and is being used with permission.