Pasta Salad with Kale Pesto and Asian Soy Sesame Dressing
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2teaspoons sesame oil
- 2teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2teaspoons mirin
- 1teaspoon organic sugar
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- a few squirts of Sriracha sauce, optional
- 4tablespoons kale basil mint parsley pesto (link in instructions)
- 4cups cooked whole grain pasta
- 4tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 1 scallion, minced
- Make dressing by mixing together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, mirin, sugar, garlic and Sriracha sauce. Stir some dressing into pesto to loosen it up.
- Toss pasta with some of this pesto dressing mixture. Drizzle with more dressing to taste.
- Divide portions into four lunch containers. Top with red peppers and scallions.
Recipe courtesy of Jeanette, the creator of the popular food blog, Jeanette’s Healthy Living, and the mom of four boys. Named #1 Foodie Mom by Circle of Moms in its Top 25 Foodie Moms of 2012, and among the top 20 blogs nominated for Healthline’s Best Health Blog 2012 and featured on Recipe.com‘s “Food Blogs We Love,” Jeanette’s Healthy Living features recipes that are healthy and delicious.