Peach & Nectarine Orzo Salad with Feta, Cucumber, and Mint
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
A few minutes under the broiler allows juicy peaches and nectarines to develop even more sweetness. Refreshing cucumber, mint, and lemon keep this salad feeling fresh and light, while orzo provides a hearty base.
- 6ounces orzo
- 1 nectarine
- 1 peach
- 1 red onion
- 1/4cup feta cheese
- 1/4ounce mint
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- 2cloves garlic
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the pasta: Heat the broiler to high or the oven to 500 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the orzo to the pot and cook for 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Meanwhile, pick the mint leaves off the stems, discarding the stems. Thinly slice the mint leaves. Halve the lemon. Peel and halve the cucumber lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Thinly slice the cucumber into half moons. Thinly slice the garlic. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the onion. Halve, pit, and dice the nectarine and peach into 1-inch cubes.
- Broil the fruit: Place the nectarine and peach on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil for 4-6 minutes, until lightly charred.
- Sauté the onion and garlic: Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook, tossing, for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad: Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the orzo, peach, nectarine, cucumber, feta, a squeeze of lemon, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Divide the orzo salad between bowls and sprinkle with mint. Enjoy!