Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Recipe
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 beef sirloin, cut into strips (2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can Progresso Fire Roasted Tomato Recipe Started Cooking Sauce (18 oz)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with salt then add to pan and cook 4 to 6 minutes until browned.
- Transfer beef to a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add beef broth to hot skillet then whisk in cornstarch. Pour over beef.
- Scatter onions, peppers and garlic over beef then add Fire Roasted Tomato Recipe Starter, soy sauce and the honey.
- Cover slow cooker then cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve beef, onions and peppers over brown rice.
*If you can’t find the Progresso’s recipe starter use a can of diced or fire roasted diced tomatoes.
Recipe courtesy of full time food lovers Adam and Joanne. Inspired Taste is a collection of over 300 recipes created in their kitchen and their way to share the love of cooking.