Pistachio & Avocado Ice Cream
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 400ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 100grams golden caster sugar
- 150grams shelled pistachio kernels
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Sea salt
- Place the coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan. Heat very gently over a low heat until the sugar dissolves – don’t allow to boil. Remove from the heat. Leave to cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour until cold.
- When the coconut mixture is completely chilled, add the pistachios to a food-processor and grind to a powder. Next, add the avocado flesh, then add the coconut mixture and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Taste and add a little more salt, if needed.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and churn for 30–40 minutes until very thick, then transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until ready to use. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture to a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 8 hours, whisking every 30 minutes until solid.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Goodness of Avocado: 40 Delicious Health-Boosting Recipes © 2016 by Lucy Jessop, Kyle Books