Poached Salmon with Creamy Potato Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried dillweed, divided
- 1/8teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2pounds red potatoes
- 2/3cup nonfat sour cream
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-- (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2cups sliced Roma (plum) tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, in a 2-quart oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon dillweed, and hot sauce. Pour over salmon and bake about 20 minutes, or until salmon is done and flakes with a fork. Remove the skin and any bones. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place potatoes in a medium-size pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain, let cool, and slice into quarters.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, lemon juice, pimientos, remaining dillweed, mustard, and salt and pepper. Combine dressing with the potatoes in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, place salmon in center or a serving platter. Place sliced tomatoes and potato salad around salmon.
Want more help? Check out this step-by-step video on poaching fish and chicken.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 369
- Fat 6.1g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 170mg
- Carbohydrate 39.6g
- Protein 37.3g