Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3cups quinoa, cooked
- 1can (4-ounce) green chiles
- 1cup corn kernels
- 1/2cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the filling each each bell pepper cavity. Place on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Chung-Ah is a New York native who transplanted herself to sunny California for school a decade ago and hasn’t left. She shares her love of cooking with her readers on her food blog, Damn Delicious, where she takes simple, fresh ingredients and transforms them into sophisticated and elegant meals.