- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
When it comes to dessert, observe this golden rule: Stint on fat, never on flavor.
Draining the yogurt makes it thicker and creamier.
- 1 1/2 cups all-natural vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1 package (10-ounce) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup powered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, chilled
- Place yogurt in a strainer lined with a paper towel and drain in the refrigerator at least 4 hours and up to 1 day. Discard liquid.
- Process half the raspberries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer puree to a fine mesh strainer and strain into a large bowl, pressing the liquid out with a rubber spatula. Discard seeds. Whisk in powdered sugar. Stir in remaining raspberries.
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt. Fold in raspberry mixture.
- Spoon into glasses and chill, covered with plastic wrap, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Recipe adapted with permission from The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life, by Ellie Krieger (The Taunton Press, 2008).