- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 30 mins
A new take on a classic ratatouille recipe—this hearty version calls for fresh ricotta cheese to add heft and flavor.
To grill the eggplant, preheat grill. Diagonally slice into ½-inch slices. Toss with olive oil and kosher salt. Place on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 -- bell peppers (red or yellow), chopped
- 2 cups chopped, cooked potatoes
- 2 cups chopped, grilled eggplant (about 2 eggplants)
- 1 can 28-ounce diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat olive oil in large skillet and add onion, garlic and peppers; sauté 7 minutes.
- Add potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper; stir gently. Combine ricotta and Parmesan cheese. Place half of vegetable mixture in a 2-quart baking dish, top with ricotta mixture and remaining vegetable mixture. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.