Raw Key Lime Pie
This is a great lime-lover’s dessert. It does contain cashews, so enjoy in moderation.
- Crust Ingredients
- 1cup raw walnuts, soaked for 15 minutes and rinsed well
- 3/4cup raw pecans
- 4 dates, pitted
- 2 1/2tablespoons raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- Filling Ingredients
- 3/4cup fresh lime juice
- 2cups raw cashews
- 1/2cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/3cup coconut oil
- 3/4teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all the crust ingredients together in the work bowl of a food processor with the blade in place and process until the ingredients form a ball. Press into a 9-inch Pyrex pie pan.
- Wash and dry the food processor bowl and blade. Add the filling ingredients to the bowl with the blade in place. Blend the filling ingredients together in the processor, and pour over the crust. Place in the freezer and allow to set for at least 3 hours or overnight. Take it out and let it rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or as long as it takes to soften, before serving.
Reprinted with permission from The Beauty Detox Foods by Kimberly Snyder. Harlequin, 2013.