Raw Vegan Tiramisu
The almond and walnut crust provides vitamin E, omega-3s, magnesium, calcium and iron.
- 19-inch round cake pan
- 1 1/4 cups raw almonds
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 can chilled coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 5 dates, pitted
- 1/2 avocado, yellow part only
- 1-2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- In a blender or food processor, process the dry ingredients of the crust with about 1/2 of the espresso shot until thick and pasty. Spoon into a round cake pan (or a square pan, if using) and flatten out to 1/4″ thickness. Pour the rest of the espresso over the crust.
- Clean the blender and dry with a dish towel. Open the can of coconut milk; poke a hole through it with a chopstick and carefully drain out liquid. Put into blender, along with vinegar, dates, and avocado. Blend until fluffy and thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the topping over the crust. Use a teaspoon to sprinkle with cocoa powder. Cover tightly with cling wrap and chill in the freezer for at least 4 hours. (This is important for cutting and presentation–but to be honest, if you pull it out a little earlier like after 3 hours, it will taste just as delicious.)
Recipe courtesy of Juhea Kim from Peaceful Dumpling. Juhea is the editor-in-chief of Peaceful Dumpling, the web’s premier vegan lifestyle network. Follow Peaceful Dumpling on Facebook, Twitter @peacedumpling, and Pinterest @peacedumpling.