Roasted Apple and Butternut Squash Flatbread with Thyme, Balsamic Reduction, and Greens
- 8ounces butternut squash
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 red onion
- 2 flatbreads
- 4ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4ounce thyme
- 2ounces spring mix
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Halve, peel, and cut the onion into ½-inch wedges. Thinly slice the apple. Toss the butternut squash on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 25 minutes, tossing once, until golden brown and soft.
- Toss the apples and onion on another baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, flipping the apples once, until softened and slightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, tear the mozzarella into small pieces and scatter over the flatbreads. Strip the thyme leaves off the sprigs and scatter the leaves over the mozzarella.
- Once the squash, apples, and onion are ready, remove them from the baking sheets and increase oven to 450 degrees. Transfer the flatbreads to one of the baking sheets and top with the squash, apples, and onion. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown and crust begins to crisp.
- Meanwhile, place all but 1 teaspoon of the balsamic vinegar in a small pot over medium heat. Simmer until reduced by half and slightly thick, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spring mix with the remaining balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle the flatbreads with the balsamic reduction, cut into slices, and enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh as Roasted Apple and Butternut Squash Flatbread with Thyme, Balsamic Reduction, and Greens and is being used with permission.