- Yield 4 servings
Looking to impress, but no time to cook? Salmon Marsala has a sophisticated earthy flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -- onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 4 -- (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, and mushrooms until tender.
- Add salmon to skillet, cooking 4 minutes, turn onto other side. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together wine, broth and cornstarch.
- When salmon is almost done, add wine mixture to the salmon. Stir gently, as mixture thickens quickly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.