Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bites
- Yield: 18 servings
- Prep: 70 minutes
- Cook: 0 minutes
Caramel fans will freak over this super simple swap for cheesecake. Try these teeny, tiny treats for a low-carb lifestyle today!
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 1/3cup vanilla whey protein
- 6teaspoons raw Stevia
- 6ounces cream cheese
- 1/3cup whole or half Macadamia nuts
- 1tablespoon Torani sugar-free caramel flavoring syrup
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4teaspoon salt
Caramel fans will freak over this super simple swap for cheesecake. Switching up the flavors in this is a snap when you add sugar free hazelnut syrup in place of the caramel and use hazelnuts for the macadamia nuts.
- Place the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl with the protein powder and stevia. Whisk until smooth. Add the cream cheese, macadamia nuts (or almonds), caramel syrup, vanilla extract and blend until smooth. If the cream cheese clumps slightly, mix with a rubber spatula, breaking up the bits of cream cheese against the side of the bowl. Sprinkle the mixture with the xanthan gum and mix again, about 30 seconds, the mixture will thicken slightly.
- Cover a tray that fits in your freezer with a sheet of wax paper. Using a soup spoon, spoon out the mixture onto the tray. Alternatively, coat a silicon candy mold or empty ice cube tray with olive oil spray and press the tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into the molds. Freeze at least one hour before serving. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Find this and other delicious recipes in the new Atkins: Eat Right Not Less Guidebook to Living a Low Carb and Low Sugar Lifestyle!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 80.9 kcal
- Carbohydrate 0.9g
- Fiber 0.2g
- Protein 2.6g