Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese
- Yield 8 servings
This Weight Watcher's recipe has a PointsPlus value of 5.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 -- red potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 9 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Gruyere or Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Stir together flour, salt, and pepper in cup.
- Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange one-third of potatoes in overlapping layer in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of seasoned flour and 3 tablespoons Gruyère. Top with half of remaining potatoes; sprinkle with remaining seasoned flour and 3 tablespoons cheese. Arrange remaining potatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese. Pour half-and-half over all. Tip: Before layering the potatoes, pat them dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cover baking dish with foil; bake 45 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour longer.
–This recipe reprinted with permission from the Weight Watcher's New Complete Cookbook.