Seared Salmon Tacos with Avocado Cream
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- For the salmon:
- 1pound fresh salmon
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- For the avocado cream:
- 1large avocado
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1teaspoon hot sauce
- 2teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons water
- 3/4teaspoon garlic salt
- Sea salt to taste, as needed
- For the tortillas:
- 6 Mission Tortillas or other favorite tortilla/wrap
- 1 bag slaw mix
- fresh cilantro, salsa and any other favorite taco toppings
- Mix all seasonings, for the salmon, in a small bowl. Rub salmon with about 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and then seasoning mix (don’t forget to rub down the sides of the salmon) (you will not use all of the seasoning mix). Refrigerate salmon at least 30 minutes to allow for seasonings to meld into the flesh of salmon.
- Meanwhile, combine all crema ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a nonstick pan, add about 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and heat to medium-high. Add the salmon, flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes with lid on the pan. Flip the salmon and cook fish all the way through, about 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas in nonstick pan or panini maker until hot on both sides and a little crispy.
- Top tortillas with slaw/salad mix and fresh cilantro. Divide the salmon among the tortillas and top with avocado crema or guacamole and/or any other favorite taco topping.
This recipe originally on Kim’s Cravings as Seared Salmon Tacos with Avocado Crema.