Shrimp Cocktail Cucumber Bites
- Yield 18 pieces
- 1 -- English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dried dill, plus more for garnish
- 18 medium cocktail shrimp, cooked and shelled, tails removed
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- Pat the cucumber slices dry with a paper towel. Mix the cream cheese and dill together in a small bowl. Spread 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each cucumber slice.
- Place 1 shrimp on top of the cream cheese, and gently push it down so it adheres to the cream cheese. Place ¼ teaspoon of the cocktail sauce on top of each shrimp. Just before serving, sprinkle a pinch of dill over each shrimp cocktail bite.
Just for fun: Slightly hollow out each cucumber slice with a spoon to create a shallow cup. Instead of using big shrimp, mix baby shrimp with the cocktail sauce. Spread a little bit of dill cream cheese inside each cup, and then spoon the cocktail sauce on top. Top with a pinch of dill.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Savory Sweet Life: 100 Simply Delicious Recipes for Every Family Occasion by Alice Currah, William Morrow/Avon HarperCollins Publishers