Shrimp Tacos with Coconut & Lime
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup coconut milk
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- A small handful of cilantro stems, finely chopped
- 7ounces raw jumbo shrimp
- Sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 small corn tortillas
- To serve
- 1 ripe avocado, finely sliced
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- A small handful of cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Tabasco chipotle sauce (optional)
- First, make the dressing. Whisk the coconut milk to smooth out any lumps before stirring in the lime juice and chopped cilantro stems. Set aside.
- Toss the shrimp with a pinch of salt, the red pepper flakes and lime zest in a nonmetallic bowl. Heat a nonstick frying pan until blisteringly hot and add the oil. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, turning occasionally, until opaque and golden. Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel. Now heat the tortillas in the pan for about 10 seconds, to warm through and soften.
- Take a tortilla and scatter over a portion of the avocado and scallions, followed by the shrimp. Sprinkle with the cilantro leaves, spoon over the dressing, and top with a dash of Tabasco, if using. Wrap up and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Goodness of Coconut: 40 Irresistible Energy-Packed Recipes © 2016 by Emily Jonzen, Kyle Books