- Yield 4 servings
Southern Indian influence highlights ultra spicy Goan curry in this Paleo approved quick dinner.
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and peeled
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Sprinkle of lemon juice
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Vindaloo Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cayenne or crushed red pepper to taste
- Heat about 2+ T of coconut oil in a large pan on medium high.
- Throw in the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle vinegar and spice mix into the pan for 30 seconds.
- Add the can of tomatoes, and stir to deglaze the pan and make a gravy.
- Simmer on low for at least 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Simmer with lid on if mixture appears to thin.
- Add the shrimp and turn the burner up to medium.
- Stir and flip the shrimp as needed for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with roasted carrots or on top of a sweet potato.
Recipe Courtesy of Annie D’Souza at Worthy Pause