Skinny Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip
Cheesy, gooey goodness. You’d never guess it is healthy!
- 4ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2cup hot sauce
- 1teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2cups cooked, peeled large shrimp, diced
- 3/4cup reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray an 8×8 baking dish, or any dish of an equivalent size.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Mix until smooth.**Tip: Add the hot sauce little by little until you achieve your desired hotness.
- Add the shrimp to the dip and mix. Add it to your baking dish.
- Keep the chunks of shrimp bite-sized so you can scoop up a bit in every bite.
- Bake in the oven until hot, or about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. Add it back to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Let the dip cool for a few minutes before digging in.
- Bake until the cheese bubbles on top.
- Serve this with carrots and celery to keep it extra skinny, but it’s also delicious with baked pita chips.
Recipe courtesy of Jeannette Guck, a financial services professional and avid runner living in Chicago. She combined her passions for healthy cooking and writing into her blog, SeaJetCook, launched a little over a year ago. She hopes to inspire other busy professionals to cook easy, healthy, and delicious meals.