Sleepy Chocolate & Cheesecake Smoothie Parfaits
- Yield: servings
- Strawberry Cheesecake Layer
- 1cup fresh strawberries
- 1cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 3tablespoons uncontaminated oats
- 1teaspoon chia seeds
- 1tablespoon raw cashews
- 1teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1pinch powdered white stevia
- Sleepy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layer
- 1cup non-dairy milk + 1/4 c for blending (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2cup uncontaminated oats
- 1tablespoon chia seeds
- 1tablespoon almond butter
- 1tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To be made the night before you plan on eating it, or at least 4 hours in advance.
- Combine strawberry ingredients in one container, and chocolate in the other. I like to use mason jars. Give it a quick shake then place the jars in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, pour the ingredients of one container into your blender and process until smooth. Distribute to serving glasses and give your blender a quick rinse. Drop the ingredients of the last jar into your blender and process until smooth. Top off your serving glasses with the second flavor and enjoy topped with cashews, strawberries, cacao nibs, or coconut.
Source: Leanne Vogel is a Holistic Nutritionist, athlete, and writer for her health blog www.healthfulpursuit.com, where she shares her passion for healthy treats, whole food eats, and balanced living.