Smoked Salmon Soba Bowl
- Noodle Bowl
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 pound 100% buckwheat flour soba noodles
- 1/2 avocado, cut in half and slaced
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from 2 lemons
- 5 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- While preparing all the ingredients, steam the broccoli until just bright green, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the cooked broccoli to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan with water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the soba noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. The pure buckwheat soba noodles can get chewy fast if you don’t keep an eye on them, so set a timer and check them regularly. Strain the noodles, and run cold water over them until cool throughout.
- While the noodles cook, prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles with half of the dressing. Divide the noodles among 4 bowls.
- Divide the cold cooked broccoli, avocado slices, and smoked salmon among the 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chives on top of each bowl.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on top of each bowl and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Sarah at The Snixy Kitchen