Smoked Salmon Spread
- Yield 10 servings
A low-fat spread for thinly sliced French bread.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- dash pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 10 to 12 slices thin white bread or 1/2-inch slices of French bread
- Mix together the salmon, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, lemon juice, pepper and cayenne. Stir in the cheese. Spread the mixture on each slice of bread and place the slices on a baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from the heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the tops are crisp.