Spelt Cinnamon Buns
Using spelt flour and no refined sugars, these sweet cinnamon buns get a lightened-up makeover.
- 500 grams spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces lactose-free milk
- 12 grams yeast
- Stevia (equivalent of 200g sugar – check packaging)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Liquid stevia (equivalent of 50g sugar – check packaging)
- Preheat oven to 345F. Mix all filling ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine spelt flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil to flour mixture. Beat in an egg and add milk, mixing gently.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Knead for about 3 minutes. Let sit in warm place to let rise, about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough onto floured surface into a rectangular shape. Spread filling over top side of dough. Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 4cm slices. Spray baking tin with baking spray and place buns inside. Bake about 15 minutes.