- 500grams spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 7ounces lactose-free milk
- 12grams yeast
- Stevia (equivalent of 200g sugar – check packaging)
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons coconut oil
- 4tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2teaspoons coconut oil
- 4tablespoons maple syrup
- Liquid stevia (equivalent of 50g sugar – check packaging)
blog comments powered by
- Preheat oven to 345F. Mix all filling ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine spelt flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil to flour mixture. Beat in an egg and add milk, mixing gently.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Knead for about 3 minutes. Let sit in warm place to let rise, about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough onto floured surface into a rectangular shape. Spread filling over top side of dough. Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 4cm slices. Spray baking tin with baking spray and place buns inside. Bake about 15 minutes.
This recipe originally appeared as Easter Spelt Cinnamon Buns on princessmisia.com.