Strawberry-Almond Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 count), deveined and tails off
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced thin
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 blood orange
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place shrimp on a sheet pan. Pat dry with paper towel then drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss together.
- Spread shrimp into one layer and roast for 8 – 10 minutes, until just pink, firm and cooked through. Allow to cool, about 3 minutes.
- To make dressing, combine juice, zest, vinegar, shallots and dijon mustard. Whisk in olive oil slowly until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, assemble the salad. Lay spinach on bottom, then add fruit, cheese and almonds. Add dressing and toss together gently. Top with shrimp.
This recipe originally appeared Strawberry-Almond Shrimp Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette on thehousewifeintrainingfiles.com.