- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1/4cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1pound frozen baby lima beans
- 1-1/2cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1teaspoon chile paste
- 2cups frozen corn
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt the butter and oil in a 3-quart pot set over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper, and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lima beans, chicken broth, and the chile paste, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
- Stir in the corn and cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, copyright MSLO, Inc., all rights reserved