- Yield 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound frozen baby lima beans
- 1-1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt the butter and oil in a 3-quart pot set over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper, and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lima beans, chicken broth, and the chile paste, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
- Stir in the corn and cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, copyright MSLO, Inc., all rights reserved