Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
This fresh pasta salad is spiked with seasonal veggies and a zingy lemon-mint dressing.
- Pasta Ingredients:
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium broccoli crown, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2/3 (15 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/2 bunch parsley, destemmed and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and boil for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain in colander.
- Wash all vegetables. Cut squash, zucchini, broccoli and tomato into bite sized pieces. Slice onions and red pepper thinly. Remove parsley from stems and chop finely.
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine cooked pasta, chopped vegetables and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Stir until everything is well mixed and evenly coated with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This recipe originally appeared as Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad on budgetbytes.com.