Superfood Salad with Pan-Seared Salmon
- Yield: 1-2 servings
- 1 3 oz wild salmon fillet, pin bones and skin removed
- 1 1/2cups kale, chopped
- 1/2cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4cup pomegranate arils
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 3tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon filet with salt and pepper. In a saute pan over medium-high heat, pan-sear the salmon until golden and cooked to your liking (I like mine medium, which only took 2-3 minutes per side).
- Set aside and allow to rest.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and emulsified, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the kale to a bowl and massage it with your fingers firmly for 30 seconds to tenderize. Stir in the cooked quinoa. Drizzle the kale and quinoa with half of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Top the dressed kale and quinoa with the chopped avocado and salmon filet.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate arils and drizzle everything with the remaining dressing. Serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Maya at Alaska From Scratch