Sweet Potato Casserole
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- coconut oil or butter for greasing
- 3cups sweet potato puree
- 3tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1teaspoon vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2cup chopped pecans, preferably sprouted
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and lightly grease a small baking dish. Combine the sweet potato, almond milk, syrup, vanilla powder and salt and pour into the baking dish. Toss the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then sprinkle evenly on top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately, with cream (whipped, if desired) if having for dessert.
Reprinted from I Quit Sugar. Copyright (c) 2014 by Sarah Wilson. Photographs copyright (c) 2014 by Marija Ivkovic. Published by Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House LLC.