Szechwan Beef Stir-Fry
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
This fast and easy stir-fry gets a spicy kick from crushed red pepper.
- 2 -- (8-ounce) beef shoulder center steaks (Ranch Steaks), cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package fresh vegetable stir-fry blend
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared sesame-ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or brown rice, prepared without butter or salt
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Combine vegetables and water in large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain vegetables. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile cut beef steaks into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- 3. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 the beef and 1/2 the garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- 4. Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and the American Dietetic Association (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2006).