Thai Red Curry Chicken Tacos
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup organic coconut milk
- 2tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1teaspoon fish sauce
- 1tablespoon finely diced jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin strips
- 1/2cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, cut into six wedges each
- 12 six inch corn tortillas
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/3cup peanut butter
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon Sriracha
- 3tablespoons warm water
For The Tacos
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butterfly each chicken breast, so that they cook quickly, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, and add the chicken breasts, cooking for about 5 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, red curry paste, and fish sauce.
- When the chicken is cooked through, reserve to a plate to cool.
- Add the jalapeño and garlic to the pan, cooking for about one minute, then add in the curry sauce mixture, and stir until combined. Turn the heat down to low, and simmer.
- Once the chicken breasts are cool enough to handle, shred, then add to the sauce mixture.
For the Peanut Dressing
Whisk all ingredients until well combined
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp cloth, and warm in the microwave on high for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the 12 tortillas, about ¼ cup for each taco.
- Top the tacos with the radish and carrots, drizzle with about a teaspoon of peanut sauce, and top with cilantro.
- Put three lime wedges per plate of tacos, and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Natalie Wiser-Orozco at The Devil Wears Parsley