Toasted and Roasted Almond Romesco Dip
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- For the Romesco
- 4tablespoons almond oil or olive oil
- 1 1-inch thick slice of crusty French bread, torn into pieces (yields about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2cup whole natural almonds
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers (about 8 ounces once drained)
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1tablespoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 3cloves garlic
- 1/4cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- For Serving
- Fresh carrots, sliced
- Fresh celery, sliced
- Fresh bell peppers, sliced
- Fresh radishes, sliced
- Fresh cucumbers, sliced
1. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the torn pieces of bread and whole natural almonds and toast for 2 – 3 minutes until the bread starts to turn golden brown. Once toasted, let the mixture cool.
2. Transfer the entire content of the skillet to a high-powered food processor or blender. Add drained red bell peppers, vinegar, paprika, garlic and parsley and pulse for 2 minutes until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Pulse to combine.
3. Serve with assorted fresh, sliced vegetables as a dip.
4. Any leftovers can be used as a sauce for pasta, chicken, fish or red meat.
Recipes courtesy of chef, cookbook author and blogger Gaby Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 193