Vegan Crab Cakes
This unique, vegan twist on crab cakes uses hearts of palm as a faux crabmeat filling.
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 16-ounce can hearts of palm, drained
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, gluten-free
- Another 1 ½ cups of panko for coating before frying
- Oil for frying
- Process green onions in food processor until liquidy. Remover from processor and set aside in a large bowl. Next, process the carrots until smaller. Add in bell pepper until mixture is wet. Remover from processor and add to bowl.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat and sauté all veggies together until moisture is absorbed. Remove from heat and place back in bowl to cool.
- Process hearts of palm in food processor into small chunks, similar to crab meat. In a large bowl, combine hearts of palm, Vegenaise, and ½ cup of breadcrumbs. Mix well. Add heated vegetable mix to the bowl and mix well. Let mixture cool in refrigerator, about 1 hour.
- Form mixture into patties. Coat each side with remaining breadcrumbs. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add patties and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown.