- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 35 mins
This easy one-pan frittata is a great way to boost your vegetable intake. A combination of whole eggs and egg whites helps keep the fat and cholesterol content down.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil in an ovenproof nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach, and sauté 3 minutes or until water evaporates and spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, Cheddar cheese, and next 5 ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet with onion mixture, stirring to combine.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or just until set. Let stand 3 minutes. Cut into 8 equal wedges.
Recipe courtesy of THE SLIM DOWN SOUTH COOKBOOK: Eating Well and Living Healthy in the Land of Biscuits and Bacon (January 6, 2014; Oxmoor House; $24.95/Hardcover).