- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- 1medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 4large eggs
- 6large egg whites
- 1cup (4 oz) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4teaspoon table salt
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil in an ovenproof nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach, and sauté 3 minutes or until water evaporates and spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, Cheddar cheese, and next 5 ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet with onion mixture, stirring to combine.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or just until set. Let stand 3 minutes. Cut into 8 equal wedges.
Recipe courtesy of THE SLIM DOWN SOUTH COOKBOOK: Eating Well and Living Healthy in the Land of Biscuits and Bacon (January 6, 2014; Oxmoor House; $24.95/Hardcover).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 139
- Fat 8.2
- Saturated Fat 3.3
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8
- Monounsaturated Fat 3.1
- Cholesterol 106 mg
- Sodium 366 mg
- Iron 1.3 mg