- Yield servings
Smoothies make a great solution for mouth sores, as they are soothing. Because citrus foods can make the discomfort worse, kiwifruit, watermelon and bananas are good choices.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped seeded watermelon
- 1 whole kiwi-fruit, peeled, cut into pieces
- 2 large ice cubes
- 1 whole banana, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chilled apple juice
1. In a blender, place all ingredients. Cover; blend on high for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into glasses.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker’s Living with Cancer Cookbook by Kris Gosh, M.D., M.B.A. and Linda Carson, M.D. (c) John Wiley & Sons Inc.