Whole-Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/4cups whole-wheat flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1tablespoon oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon milk
1. In a bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients: milk, oil, vanilla and egg.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry till everything is well incorporated. Do not overmix.
4. Fold in the blueberries and leave the mixture to stand for 5-10 minutes.
5. Heat a non stick pan or skillet on medium heat, spray some cooking oil on it.
6. Use a round ladle to pour batter on the pan.
7. Cook for a minute or two and flip the pancake when you see small bubbles on the surface.
8. Cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. The pancake is ready when light golden brown in color.
9. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup and some fresh blueberries.
Recipe courtesy of Cook with Manali.