Wild Rice and Pork Salad
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
A great way to use leftover pork.
- 2 -- (6-ounce) packages long-grain and wild rice
- 1 -- (6-ounce) package frozen snow pea pods
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 -- (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments in water, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt; set aside.
- Prepare pea pods according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, pea pods, water chestnuts, oranges and pork, tossing well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, oil and ginger. Pour over rice salad and gently toss. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.