Christmas Tree Allergies?

Allergies, Asthma, Daily Health Solutions, Featured Article, Healthy Living
on March 28, 2008
peaceful christmas
Thinkstock
https://i1.wp.com/spryliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/thinkstockphotos-528780265.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1

Don’t let sniffling and sneezing ruin your holiday spirit. According to research from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, what you think is a Christmas tree allergy may actually be sensitivity to the mold that grows on evergreens. To breathe a little easier, follow these guidelines:

  • Shake your tree thoroughly (many vendors have a machine that can do this) and let it dry completely before bringing it indoors.
  • Keep live trees indoors for only four to seven days.
  • Consider getting an artificial tree—but store it in a moisture-proof bin or bag so it doesn’t accumulate dust or mold.