When you know your family is complete, you’re ready to consider permanent birth control. More and more women like you are making the decision to have the Essure procedure to prevent unplanned pregnancy so they can fully enjoy the lives they have built for themselves. They’re choosing lives without hormones or the hassle of other birth control methods, and the confidence of knowing that they are protected from unplanned pregnancy forever.
Essure may be right for you if you:
- Are certain you do not want any more children
- Want to stop worrying about unplanned pregnancy forever
- Want the most effective* permanent birth control available
- Want to avoid surgery, scarring, silicone or risks of other permanent birth control procedures
- Want to avoid the inconvenience of temporary birth control methods
- Are concerned about the negative effects of hormone-based birth control
- Want a procedure that can be performed in the convenience of your doctor’s office
- Want more spontaneity in your sexual relationship
- Want confirmation that you’re protected from unplanned pregnancy
- Are pregnant and considering a tubal ligation
You should delay your decision if you:
- May want to have children in the future
- Have an active or recent pelvic infection
*Based on a comparison of five-year clinical data.