https://spryliving.com/articles/student-movement/By Dimity McDowell on August 1, 2011
- Pick a charity 5K and train for it together. “Planning a trip around the race is a major incentive,” Liz says.
- Replace desk chairs at home with stability balls to build core strength.
- Try out a new fitness fad together: Buy a pack of yoga flash cards and start your mornings with stretches, do a Zumba DVD or learn to hula hoop.
- Host a family dance party for parents and kids at your local rec center. “Make it a pot luck and folks are sure to come and move,” Liz says.
- Devote at least one hour a weekend to an activity of your child’s choice—from skipping rocks at a lake to riding bikes. “Letting them set the adventure and pace gets them excited to do more,” she says.
Found in: Family Health