• Eat a variety of foods, including whole grains, vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds and dairy products and eggs.
• Choose whole, unrefined foods often and minimize intake of highly sweetened, fatty and heavily refined foods.
• Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.
• Limit high-fat dairy foods like cheese and eggs because of their saturated fat content.
• If you go vegan, add a regular source of vitamin B12 to your diet along with a source of vitamin D if sun exposure is limited.
RELATED ARTICLE: MIGHTIER THAN MEAT