- 1medium medium roasted beet, peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon tahini
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add more olive oil or water if the consistency is too thick.
- Serve at room temperature with toasted pita or vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Karen from The Tasty Bite Blog.