Watermelon Feta + Basil Quinoa
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings
A refreshing summer salad perfect as a side or on its own.
- 1cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2cups chopped fresh watermelon
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2/3cup crumbled feta cheese
- 15-20 basil leaves, chopped
- juice of one lime
- Cook rinsed quinoa according to directions on package.
- Cool quinoa completely and toss with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Toss chopped watermelon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and drizzle with honey.
- In a large bowl, combine cool (or even cold) quinoa, watermelon, crumbled feta and basil. Toss well, then squeeze in lime juice and toss again.
Recipe courtesy of How Sweet It Is where blogger Jessica Merchant, a self taught cook working on her first cookbook coming out in 2014, shares her delicious recipes.