Neon Pink Smoothie Juice
Enjoy this as an addition to a normal breakfast or simply as a refreshing drink on its own.
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2small raw beet, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
- fresh grapefruit juice, to taste
- 3-5 ice cubes
- In a high-speed blender, add the cucumber and blend on low speed to break it up. Now add the beet and apple. Blend, starting on a lower speed, and gradually increase the speed. I used my Vitamix plunger stick a lot to push it down and stir it as it was coming together. If needed, add a bit of water.
- Blend on highest speed for 1-2 minutes. Add in citrus juice to taste and about 4 ice cubes. Blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Angela Liddon, the creator of ohsheglows.com, an award-winning vegan recipe website featuring hundreds of recipes and drool-worthy photographs. Angela’s passion for healthy food is contagious and she’s eager to show others that plant-based (and often gluten-free) food can blow your taste buds away.