- 8 x 8-inch sheet of parchment paper
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 1cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons açaí powder
- 3tablespoons frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/8teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2cup unsweetened shredded coconut or chia seeds
- Line an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dates, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, açaí powder, cranberries, orange juice, cacao powder and salt in a food processor or blender and process until almost smooth.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the date mixture, and with wet hands, shape it into a ball. Place the ball on the prepared pan. Repeat until you have used up all the date mixture.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a small bowl. Roll each ball in the coconut and place it back on the prepared pan. Put the truffles in the freezer to chill for at least 1 hour. Place the truffles in a sealable plastic bag and keep them frozen until ready to eat.