Almond Coconut Candies
- 1/4cup melted coconut butter/cream concentrate
- 2tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4teaspoon cconut extract
- pinch sea salt
- 3/4cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 6ounces dark chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter/cream concentrate, coconut oil, honey, almond extract, coconut extract, and salt.
- Add the shredded coconut and coconut flour to a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Press each mixture into a 30-cavity peanut butter cup mold so that each cavity is two-thirds full
- Place the mold in the freezer for about 20 minutes
- Remove the mold from the freezer and top each cavity with a spoonful of the melted chocolate or just enough to fill each cavity.
- Give the mold a little jiggle to smooth out the chocolate.
- Let the candies sit on the counter for 5 minutes so that they chocolate comes to room temperature. Then refrigerate them until firm.
- Pop each candy out of the mold and flip the mold over so that the chocolate is on the bottom.
- Add a drop of melted coconut oil to each cold candy and secure an almond on the top. The coconut oil will harden from the cold candy and act as a “glue” for the almonds.
- Store candies in the refrigerator or in a cool spot in the kitchen.
Reprinted with permission from The Paleo Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook by Kelly V. Brozyna, copyright © 2013. Published by Victory Belt Publishing Inc.